Full Time Warehouse Associate
HNG Meats LLC
This Warehouse Associate position works out of the main office of Hickory Nut Gap Meats (HNG Meats) in Asheville, North Carolina. HNG Meats provides wholesale meats, sales and delivery services to restaurants, grocers, institutions, and distributors around the southeast USA. This position provides support to the Warehouse Manager and staff at HNG Meats.
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Hours: 40/week. M-F with occasional weekend work
Employer Paid Group Medical (100% Employee Only coverage)
Employee Contributed Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Paid Leave Benefits (PTO, Bereavement, Voting, and Caregiver)
Free and Wholesale-Priced meat – available year around
Steel toed boots and employee apparel
HNG farm store discount – 20% off butchery, kitchen, eggs, bakery, and meals (except alcohol)
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pack and invoice orders, create BOL’s for 3rd party shippers
- Organize fresh meat received weekly and value added deliveries
- Rotate meat for freeze down and transport to Asheville Packing in Flat Rock, NC
- Assist customers with pick up orders/customer service
- Establish relationships with customers during pickups and deliveries
- Help with warehouse cleaning and upkeep
- Pack, prepare, and wrap outgoing shipments to processors
- Attend Monday wholesale meetings
- Assist with and participate in new staff training
- Miscellaneous Warehouse Manager support and tasks
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required by this Position:
- Proficient in microsoft office and gmail
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a team member with strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain harmonious relationships
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good at juggling multiple tasks and prioritizing tasks; ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, ensuring deliverables are completed on time, are of the highest quality, and enhance the reputation of the HNG Meats brand
HNG is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Sous Chef/ Kitchen Manager
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager
Company: Hickory Nut Gap Farm
Location: 57 Sugar Hollow Rd, Fairview, NC 28730
Description: We are looking for an experienced leader to join our team and make an impact in our kitchen! Our kitchen is part of our working family farm; we raise pasture raised pork, chicken and grass-fed beef. We seek to provide for our guests, the opportunity to not only enjoy really delicious food but also the opportunity to learn about and connect with that food, the land and our farm team. We offer daily lunch service and brunch and are looking elevate and expand our offerings. In 2019, we are also looking to to develop compelling catering and on-site event food service programs. This position offers the opportunity to be a part of a mission-driven company and a high performing, tight knit team. This opportunity offers, to the right individual, tremendous creative opportunity and ability to operate with complete ownership in an inspiring environment. We are seeking only serious candidates that want to work hard, have fun and grow with us.
Candidates must have the following qualifications/experience:
– Passion for food, farming and our local food system.
– Positive attitude, solution-oriented approach.
– Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate– team oriented.
– 5+ years working in a professional kitchen.
– 2+ years in a leadership role in a professional kitchen.
– Strong organizational capability/time management skills.
– Self-motivated, ability to take initiative and prioritize projects.
– Strong history with developing systems and tools to drive consistent outcomes/standards.
– Proven experience mentoring and developing cohesive teams and driving individual development of teammates.
– Proven ability to run a profitable food service operation- managing purchasing, inventory management, food cost, minimizing waste, etc.
– Ability to foster an environment where team members feel motivated, appreciated and challenged. And overall drive a team that operates with a high level of accountability and standards for themselves…while having fun!
Compensation: $17-20/hr DOE, Comprehensive benefit package, PTO, paid holidays.
Availability: Flexible availability is required. Most of our shifts begin no earlier than 8 am and end no later than 6:30 pm on non-event days.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Kitchen: 5 years (Required)
- Sous Chef: 2 years (Preferred)
This job will require you to pass a background check:
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]