Full Time Warehouse Associate
HNG Meats LLC
This Warehouse Associate position works out of the main office of Hickory Nut Gap Meats (HNG Meats) in Asheville, North Carolina. HNG Meats provides wholesale meats, sales and delivery services to restaurants, grocers, institutions, and distributors around the southeast USA. This position provides support to the Warehouse Manager and staff at HNG Meats. The incumbent works to complete tasks daily and assist customers for HNG Meats.
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Hours: 40/week. M-F with occasional weekend work
Benefits: Employee meat – available year around
Steel toed boots and employee apparel
HNG farm store discount – 20% off store purchases (except alcohol) + 10% off deli
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pack and invoice orders, create BOL’s for 3rd party shippers
- Organize fresh meat received weekly and value added deliveries
- Rotate meat for freeze down and transport to Asheville Packing in Flat Rock, NC
- Assist customers with pick up orders/customer service
- Establish relationships with customers during pickups and deliveries
- Help with warehouse cleaning and upkeep
- Pack, prepare, and wrap outgoing shipments to processors
- Attend Monday wholesale meetings
- Miscellaneous Warehouse Manager support and tasks
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required by this Position:
- Proficient in microsoft office and gmail.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a team member with strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain harmonious relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good at juggling multiple tasks and prioritizing tasks; ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, ensuring deliverables are completed on time, are of the highest quality, and enhance the reputation of the HNG Meats brand.
To Apply: Email your resume and reason for interest to [email protected]